Shut up. I needed a kitten stealing a pancake on my blog.
Honestly, if you don’t need a kitten stealing a pancake on your blog, it had better be because you already have a kitten stealing a pancake on your blog.
You can never have too much pancake-stealing kitten on your blog
You now have links to two straight hours of Scenes From A Hat from the show Whose Line is it Anyway.
oh my GOD
PARDON ME BUT THOSE WERE MY FAVORITE FUCKING PARTS OF WHOSE LINE OMG
/SLAPS THIS ON BLOG AND TAGS REFERENCE FOR GOOD LAUGHS
GUESS WHO JUST DIED WATCHING THROUGH THE FIRST
YOU WANT THIS SHIT
*cracks knuckles* All right, allow me to explain you a thing. But first, let me just thank you for being so nice about it instead of lashing out with hate; I think the world needs more people like you :)
Okay. How Seriadne Came To Ship Elsanna: The Novel.
seriously it’s a novel I’m so sorry I got carried away
Yes, they’re blood sisters. Yes, this bothered me at first. Yes, I’m still a bit bothered if people irl know I ship it.
What happened with me was basically this:
Me: *going into the theater* Okay, I’m not gonna ship it. I know my mind is going to try and ship the one pairing that Disney would never have a chance of making canon, but I’m not gonna cave. I know it’s wrong. It’s wrong. No.
Me: *half an hour in* Dammit, NO! I’m not gonna ship them! I can’t! It’s not right!
Me: *after it ends* Maybe if I deny it for long enough…
Me: I’ma make a Frozen blog to distract myself.
Me: I hope people won’t get mad at me if I post a little bit of Elsanna here and there…
Me: *changes name and entire theme of blog to revolve around Elsanna*
But I do have better reasons, I promise. (I’m sorry to tack this gigantic speech onto your question, but I get carried away sometimes.) This is my reasoning for both why I ship Elsanna and why I think it is acceptable.
- The Westermarck Effect, which states that people who have spent their childhood together are less likely to be romantically attracted to one another. Spent their childhood together like Anna and Elsa have not.
- The fact that Elsa and Anna are both consenting adults. I’m not saying that everyone should commit incest, but I’m of the mind that whatever consenting (and sober) adults do behind closed doors is their business, so long as it doesn’t cause harm to anyone.
- The widely accepted headcanon that Elsa is queer in some way - strengthened by Jennifer Lee’s comments and favorites on Twitter as well as key details in the movie itself (i.e. “Let It Go” as a coming out song, as well as Hans saying “As heir, Elsa was preferable, but no one was getting anywhere with her” among other examples).
- The fact that Elsa and Anna are both women, and as such can’t reproduce. Allow me to elaborate. I’m not against the idea of a brother and sister getting together (again, so long as they’re both consenting, sober adults, etc…I can’t emphasize this enough) but should they attempt to reproduce, the fetus could develop very harmful defects. I’m not saying that two sisters can be a couple, but a brother and sister or two brothers can’t; that would be unbelievably unfair of me. It’s just that when anyone’s health comes into play, other factors have to be considered - factors that don’t apply to Elsa and Anna.
- The fact that they’re fictional - though, if the circumstances were exactly the same albeit in real life, I would probably ship them then as well.
THEN come the more feelsy fangirly reasons.
I know people shame this ship because they think it’s disgusting, sinful, illegal, etc., but the love these two show for each other is, in my mind, anything but. Frankly, I don’t mind if it’s romantic Elsanna or sisterly Elsa and Anna; I just want them to have each other for the rest of their lives. I know what it’s like to feel alone and abandoned, and these women don’t deserve that. Though they’re fictional, there are plenty of people like them, plenty of people with bad memories who deserve more love than can be put into words, plenty of people who are Elsa and Anna. It just so happens that Elsa and Anna are sisters.
But the weird thing is, if you ask me exactly what made me change from shipping primarily sisterly Elsanna to primarily romantic Elsanna, I won’t be able to answer you, because I don’t know. All I know for sure is that they never stopped loving each other, no matter what form of love people choose to perceive it as.
After all, true love saved them both in the end.
US army doctor returns arm to Vietnamese soldier fifty years after he took it as a souvenir.
there are so many intersecting levels of fucked up here
That has to be the most forgiving man in history.
Here is the full story and not the sensationalized version: Nguyen Quang Hung was shot in the arm, taken in by American forces (different from the one who shot him) and Sam Axelrad saved his life by amputating the infected arm. His colleagues took the bones from the amputated arm and made them into the thing you see in the picture to remind Axelrad of a good deed done.
Years later, Axelrad finds the bones in his closet and wanted to reunite them with the original owner. So he goes over to Vietnam and goes on a country-wide search for Hung, not even knowing if Hung was still alive. His story gets picked up by a major newspaper and long story short Axelrad was able to return the bones to Hung and the two shared war stories. (x)
Hung has nothing to forgive Axelrad for: he did nothing wrong and in fact saved Hung’s life. The bone thing is odd, definitely, but considering that most amputated limbs end up incinerated this entire story works out in Hung’s favor.
This isn’t sensational or show how awful the American soldiers were. It is kinda a sweet story.
This reminds me of that SJW post where they showed two white men holding a bloodied black man in a grayscale photo. The photo was from the 50s or 60s I believe and was part of a visual thread depicting and claiming white people being evil or something of that nature.
OP who posted and the people who commented didn’t realize that the photo was from an issue of Time [maybe LIFE?] and those two white demons? They were protecting the man from lynchers and trying to get him to safety…
Sometimes I really hate tumblr. Many posts are yellow journalism at its finest.